Superscript 2 is abbreviated as sup 2, and an exponent is one or more characters that are printed higher than the rest of the text.
As a reference marker, the superscript follows the assertion, and the corresponding reference is in the footer.
In mathematics, the exponent number represents an exponent.
To display standard abbreviations such as copyright mark, trademark, and registered trademark.
Microsoft Word, select the text you famine to add a superscript, then click the superscript key, the Font section of the toolbar Home there is the X2 Option.
Keyboard shortcut to insert unique character 2 (Superscript 2)
- How to enter the unique character ” ² »: Alt + 253 under Window (Western Europe).
- Press to Hold down the ” Alt ” key and enter the characters or numbers following ” 253. “
- Press Hold down the ” Alt ” key and Enter the characters or numbers following ” 0178. “
How do I make the square sign ² on a PC, Mac, or iPhone?
To make the square sign ² on a PC, you have to press the key provided for this purpose; it is at the top left of your Keyboard, below the ESC key.
To make the square sign ² on Mac, you need to use the character palette :
- Hold the Ctrl and Cmd keys.
- Press the Space bar key.
- Enter the number 2 in the search field.
- Click on the character in the middle.
- The square sign ² appears on the right.
Note: Double-click on the square sign ² to copy it.
To make the square sign ² on an iPhone, you have to create a character replacement rule:
- Copy the ² symbol from a website first.
- Go to Settings, General, then Keyboard.
- Go to Replacement.
- Press the + symbol at the top right.
- In Expression, paste the symbol ².
- In Shortcut, enter, for example, 2.
As soon as you enter “s2”, your iPhone will automatically replace these two characters with the square sign ².
How do you type a ² (squared symbol)?
- If you need to type ² in a word document, so you can use the Superscript option that can be allowed by (Ctrl + Shift + + )shortcut key
- You can use the Alt code. Hold Alt key and type 0178. It will work even in word-pad or notepad for any text editors.
- Or You can copy-paste from here → a²
- Source: Alt code for symbols, letters, and Characters
- For Smartphones, just long-press key 2, you will see ² and some other options.
- It is a very detailed tutorial with several methods that you can use to insert or type a square character or Two Square characters (²) anywhere on your PC.
- You will learn all the simple techniques, including Alt-code shortcut keys in a square.
Quick start guide for entering the square symbol (²) Superscript 2
- To enter a two-square character anywhere on your PC or laptop keyboard (such as Microsoft Word or Excel), press Option + 00B2 for Mac.
- And if you are using Windows, just hit the Alt key and type 0178 using the numeric keypad
- However, enter this MS Word character, enter 00B2, select it, and press Alt + X to get the square sign.
- You must know to Enter this character on Windows and Mac. It even includes the square Alt code keyboard shortcut.
How to insert 2 square characters in Word / Excel
- Here you will see all the easy ways to enter or insert this symbol.
- (2 squared – ²) anywhere on your Windows PC or Mac (such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint).
- In a few minutes, I’ll show you a few methods that you can use to get 2 squares (²) and any other symbol if the need arises.
- As a quick guide, press the Alt key and enter the alternate code 0178 or 253 on the numeric keypad. You can also press Option + 00B2 on Mac.
- However, without further ado, here are the detailed methods.
Square character replacement code (for Windows Windows)
- The alternate code for the square character (²) is 0178 or 253.
- Each symbol in Word has a unique code that you can use to insert a logo into your document. This code is well known as “Alternate Code.”
- Below are the instructions for entering this character on the Keyboard (using the above Alt code:
- Press the Num Lock button to activate the Numeric Keypad. Use the Fn key + NumLk keys to enable Num Lock on laptops without a numeric keypad.
- Press the Alt key and Enter 0178 using the numeric keypad.
- After entering the Alt code (for example, 0178), release the pressed [Alt] key.
- As soon as you issue the Alt key, a square character (²) should appear in your document.
Also Read: HC2H3O2 is the chemical formula of Acetic acid – Properties, Facts, Uses