Effects of Covid-19
The Effects of Covid-19, the coronavirus disease, were stressful for people.
Fear and anxiety about a new disease was overwhelming and caused harsh sentiments in grown-ups and offspring.
Public well-being actions, such as social distancing, can make people feel isolated and lonely and increase stress and anxiety.
Actions necessary during the pandemic
- Healthily handling stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.
- In the absence of a vaccine or treatment against Covid-19, “stay home, save lives” has become a global slogan.
- Health workers have been in the forefront with Covid-19, seeing action on the Home Front during the pandemic.
- In most families, parents have been managing the care and education of children.
- And also, juggling the new demands of working from home and concerns for older relatives.
- The impact on families and parents’ physical and mental health has been the source of comments and speculations.
- During the pandemic, we stayed at our homes for safety and support.
- Many children have helped from more time with their parents and regular daily patterns of meal and bedtimes.
- It has also been expensive for families in terms of health, living conditions, and resources.
Relationship between family and child psychology
- Taking an anthropologist’s perspective, Margaret Mead has highlighted the importance of the link between family relationships and integrating the individual into society.
- Men and women merge into a socially determined role and, in turn, condition their children to it.
- The laws governing the constitution and structure of the family are a kind of language.
- It is like a system of operations, allowing a kind of communication between individuals and groups.
- It results from a constructed and cultural artificial phenomenon assigning the individual to various tasks, roles, and statuses.
- Studying the family is therefore also learning a system of relationships, the male / female relationship that overwhelms and builds it
Consequences of Covid-19
1. Effects of covid-19 on Families
- In addition to the consequences of COVID-19 on our health system, the emergence of this new virus has adverse effects on families’ situation.
- Containment and social distancing measures have notably led to increased business closures, layoffs, and employment insurance claims.
- The pandemic risks weakening the financial situation of several households.
- Besides, people with COVID-19 could see their income decrease during their mandatory confinement.
2. Effects of covid-19 on health problems
- The containment measures put in place also increased feelings of anxiety, fear, and panic.
- People already struggling with a mental health problem may be more at risk of suffering from psychological distress when they are isolated
- Home confinement can be a risk for some families, for example, in a household with a spouse or abusive parents.
- Finally, specific measures aimed at reducing the virus’s spread could result in the interruption of social support services.
- People with a mental disorder may have more difficulty accessing the services they need.
- Besides, parents of children with special needs could experience pressure and stress as they no longer access the supports.
3. Hinders the development of toddlers
- The effects of the pandemic on families’ socio-economic situation can have consequences for the development of toddlers.
- Children living in poverty are more likely to develop learning difficulties as soon as they start school and throughout their schooling.
- These children are more likely to be vulnerable when they enter school, and they have a lower academic performance on average in first grade.
- Children’s food-uncertainty is at greater risk of having delays in their cognitive, motor, and neuro-physiological development.
- Food insecurity is also a predictor of chronic disease in early childhood.
- Finally, other studies have also shown a link between a dwelling’s characteristics (e.g., noise, overcrowding, many comings and goings) and specific parenting aspects.
- How the parent addresses his child, his sensitivity to meet the toddler’s needs, and his feeling of being competent as a parent play an important role.
4. Effects of covid-19 on mother child relationship
- It increases parental stress, unfavorable socio-economic conditions, therefore, associated abuse.
- Besides, parental mental health issues impact the well-being of toddlers.
- For example, according to some studies, maternal depression alters the interactions between mother and child.
- Toddlers whose mothers have moderate to severe symptoms of depression are more likely to be victims of minor physical violence.
5. Other Effects of covid-19
- Job losses, school closures, and childcare services’ unavailability mean families, especially those from low-income households, need extra support.
- Family-friendly policies and practices, including employment and income protection, paid time off to care for family members.
- Flexible working arrangements and access to emergency child care quality can make a crucial difference.
- They allow workers to protect and care for themselves and their children and improve workers’ productivity and sense of security.
- READ MORE:- techbloggerit
Health Benefits of Online Cycling that will Make you Hop on the Stationary Bike
Health Benefits of Online Cycling – Cycling is the most effective way to build strength, and keep up with a…
5 Unusual Places Where You Can Find Asbestos
Asbestos sounds like a dangerous material, and it most certainly is. Yet, it is not just the danger that makes…
CBD vs. Kratom: What’s The Difference between Kratom and CBD?
CBD vs. Kratom – Both Kratom and CBD are fantastic solutions to help you relax and get through the day….
An Overview of Teddy Rose Bear
We’ve compiled a list of “Teddy bears made of roses,” each with a brief explanation of the Bear’s relationship to…
Considerations to Ponder on When Picking Packaging Equipment
Considerations to Ponder on When Picking Packaging Equipment – When purchasing packing machinery, there are several factors to consider, from…
Top 4 Reasons Why Your Mattress is Important for a Good Night’s Sleep
Finding a Mattress To Help You Consistently Rest Reasons Why Your Mattress is Important for a Good Night’s Sleep –…