DVD-RAM is a blend of Phase Change (PD) and MO (Magneto-Optical) technologies to create DVD media rewritten up to 100,000 times.
The acronym for DVD stands for “Digital Versatile Disc,” which in turn is the term that encompasses all the different types of DVD
Moreover, it cannot play on ordinary DVD players, and only some DVD drives can read them.
Cannot copy from DVD Video to DVD-RAM. It is suitable for regular and daily backup functions.
However, the maximum capacity of a DVD-RAM is currently 4.38 Gb per side, and there are single or double-sided media.
What are the Types?
- In computing, there are four main types of Digital Versatile Disc Read Memory Readers and Writers:
Internal drive for DVD
- Basically, it is a device is present inside the computer cabinet and allows reading and writing.
- Internal CD / DVD / BD multi-burner, Pioneer brand, model BDR-208DBK-esp, for SATA connector.
1.External DVD Drive
- External devices that connect to the computer through the USB port, allowing the reading and writing.
- External CD / DVD / BD multi-recorder, Pioneer brand, model BDR-XD05B, for USB 3.0 connector.
2.Case / Enclosure for DVD
- Basically, the conversion kit allows adaptation of an internal optical drive, is used as an external drive, and provides reading and writing.
- Case for internal optical drive 5.25 “brand OWC Mercury PRO, USB 3.0 connector.
What are the Parts of DVD-RAM?
The DVD-RAM is of the ” single-sided ” and ” single layer ” types. That is, only one of its sides is usable and has a layer for writing and erasing data.
- Label (label): a surface allows the disk’s title and contains necessary information about the same (brand, speed, capacity).
- Plastic substrate (disc substrate): It is the disc structure, which attaches the rest of the layers.
- Reflective coating (reflexive layer) allows the laser’s reflection to the correct reading of the data beam.
- Coupling Nuts are long nuts used to couple threaded rods or similar components. Threaded coupling nuts help extend the threaded rod and are so named as extension nuts.
- Rewrite Layer (rewriting layer): the surface allows reading, recording, rewriting, and erasing data.
- Cover (cover layer): the lower surface layer protects the inner layers of the disc.
What are the storage capacities?
- It is available in single and double-sided discs.
- Firstly, One-sided DVD-RAM offers 4.7GB or 120 minutes of re-writable storage
- Secondly, Double-sided DVD-RAM offers 9.4GB or 240 minutes of re-writable storage.
Can I record data stored on DVD-RAM?
- Yes. You can add or rewrite data stored on it more than 100,000 times.
Does DVD-RAM recording requires a special hardware?
- Yes. It requires a device or video recorder to record.
- Otherwise, you cannot insert the disc into a standard DVD recorder and write information to the disc
- However, Verbatim discs are compatible with devices and recorders from Panasonic, Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Samsung, LG, and others.
Will a DVD-RAM play on my regular DVD player or DVD-ROM drive?
- You can use your DVD-ROM drive to play media as long as it is capable of playback.
- Basically, if your DVD is in cartridge format, the disc inside the cartridge is removable for playback on DVD-ROM drives capable of playing DVD-RAM.
- However, a DVD-RAM disc will not play on a standard DVD player.
What is the Work of DVD-RAM
- It allows recording on one of its faces (single layer), and that face has a coating that will enable reading, writing, and erasing (Read Memory layer)
- On which the data is present in the form of microscopic slots.
- These marks are interpreting as bits (zeros or ones) depending on their shape.
- However, this process is called ” burning ” or disc burning.
- Basically, to read the DVD-RAM data, a red laser beam is applied with low power so that the diffraction of the light in the single-layer indicates the depth of the groove.
- The DVD-RAM format competes technologically against BD-RE and USB memories.
What is the Speed?
- On the upper surface of the DVD-RAM, there is a label, a constituent accompanied by an X variable number, which refers to the maximum data transfer ” data transfer rate ” that can withstand the disc.
- However, the value of X is equivalent to 10.8 Megabits per second (Mbps).
- Therefore, it is multiplied by the accompanying value (1X, 2X, 3X, 5X)
- Example: If the DVD-RAM label has 5X written, it allows a maximum of 54 Mbps transfer.
What are the Uses of DVD-RAM?
- The use of the Digital Versatile Disc Recordable is primarily for use as a portable storage device.
- However, It functions similarly to a USB memory and performs a temporary backup of information (“Backup”).
What is the Capacity?
- The file system used in the DVD-RAM for data storage is UDF () 2.01:
- Let us add that, it allows working with the optical disk similar to USB memory sticks since it will enable recording, file deletion, and formatting. Universal Disk Format
- However, to reclaim the space occupied by deleted files, the format is not necessary.
Digital Versatile Disc Read Aleatory Memory
- Basically, it is a Second-generation optical disc, which has a capacity 6.5 times greater than a CD-RW. Allows storage of all types of data. 4.7 Gigabytes (GB)
- Approximate: 1,087 melodies in MP3 format (192 Kbps ), 3,128 photographs in JPG format (5 MegaPixel), 120 minutes of video in DVD- Video format, 9,400 typical Microsoft Word documents. Also you can find more helpful resources at businesssworld.
In addition, you can read more helpful resources at themakeupandbeauty
Health Benefits of Online Cycling that will Make you Hop on the Stationary Bike
Health Benefits of Online Cycling – Cycling is the most effective way to build strength, and keep up with a…
5 Unusual Places Where You Can Find Asbestos
Asbestos sounds like a dangerous material, and it most certainly is. Yet, it is not just the danger that makes…
CBD vs. Kratom: What’s The Difference between Kratom and CBD?
CBD vs. Kratom – Both Kratom and CBD are fantastic solutions to help you relax and get through the day….
An Overview of Teddy Rose Bear
We’ve compiled a list of “Teddy bears made of roses,” each with a brief explanation of the Bear’s relationship to…
Considerations to Ponder on When Picking Packaging Equipment
Considerations to Ponder on When Picking Packaging Equipment – When purchasing packing machinery, there are several factors to consider, from…
Top 4 Reasons Why Your Mattress is Important for a Good Night’s Sleep
Finding a Mattress To Help You Consistently Rest Reasons Why Your Mattress is Important for a Good Night’s Sleep –…