Definition of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is the application of marketing strategies implemented for digital media.
All the techniques of the offline world are imitated and translated into a new world, the online world.
However, in the digital sector new tools arises such as immediacy, the new social network that sprout every day, and measurements of each one of the employed strategies.
New Digital Marketing trends for 2020
1. Voice searches
This new way of searching and requesting the information has gained particular relevance in less than a year.
In addition to affecting the progress of the devices, it also affects:
- The raising SEO services strategies,
- Advertising campaigns,
- Content adaptation.
Let us add that, he positive side is that it also gives more prominence to smartphone use to achieve immediate responses.
- Chatbots are the star of streamlining and personalizing customer services, providing fast, recurring responses and other information access.
- And just as it is a way to always respond to customers, it can also restructure information and content.
- They are optimizing it according to the needs detected in customers.
- For its proper functioning, Artificial Intelligence is key to processing a massive amount of data.
- However, they are able to give real and immediate answers through the real-time data provided by users.
- And chatbots are an excellent tool to generate that customer-brand relationship.
3. Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence is the most powerful technology for applying inbound marketing, both in data analytics and content optimization.
- Along with the synergies it creates with Big Data in data collection and generation of predictions.
- Some new applications of machine learning in the realm of digital marketing for businesses are focused on.
- However, they are improving the efficiency of social media ads.
- We are taking a new approach to the purchase and adaptability of programmatic advertising.
- AI in marketing actions allows us to generate predictive models that can give us;
- An initial vision of an effort’s profitability and its impact is effortless to reduce uncertainty and optimize any investment.
- And as in the previous case, AI helps the continuous improvement and automation of customer service services through chatbots.
4. Personalization of content
- The basis for personalized content to be positioned as one of the digital trends of 2020 begins with the importance of CRM tools.
- It can manage customer databases and segment them according to the information they provide the company.
- However, having a good database and using the latest generation software to manage it is necessary to retain customers.
- And cross all the information obtained from them through the different points of contact they have with the brand.
- It is also the best way to define metrics, automate campaigns, and track them.
- However, proper management of information about each client makes possibilities endless.
- As on how to add value to the user with content that interests and needs them.
- In this case, automated email marketing becomes a “one to one” tool.
- For example, they were taking advantage of the success of gamification or the effectiveness of webinars.
- Other forms of content can also implement that serve to surprise the potential customer and become a reference brand.
Trends that will take hold in Digital Marketing strategies
1. The video will remain, king.
- In 2019, the footage positioned itself as the most consumed content on social networks.
- The preferred one to access information and the most viral type of publications.
- In short, it is a great format to work on the storytelling of a brand.
- Among the trends to remain in vogue, live video -streaming-
- It is positioned as the best way to provide immediacy and include the user, inviting him to participate.
- In the case of e-commerce, 360º videos and Augmented Reality provide higher value to the user.
- And also have better results to boost sales and generate an environment of trust and security.
- New technologies such as 5G open a new era in smartphones, the number one device for searching and shopping online.
- By improving the loading speed, responsive websites or applications can be more interactive.
- It is logical that e-commerce also continues to evolve and enrich the shopping experience.
- It includes physical stores or interaction in other communication channels, improving feedback between them.
- In general, the future of digital marketing will benefit from the fact that the borders between online and offline commerce disappear.
- It also gives more prominence to the customer and their purchasing preferences and empathy with the brand.
- Therefore, the omni – channel global strategies conceived and designed to consider all the ways the customer enters our environment.
- Innovations such as Wi-Fi tracking, geo-location, or interfaces in physical stores create a unified environment for the user.
- And a world of opportunities to gather information and personalize the shopping experience.
3. Social networks
- They have become the most effective communication, advertising, and sales channels.
- And their potential does not stop growing with the possibilities of segmentation, the high ROI, and the creativity they allow.
- But not everything is valid, nor does it only count to be present.
- Instead, you have to know which social network our users are on.
- And how to work on brand identity and community creation on each platform.
- Advertising on social networks becomes effective thanks to these possibilities of segmentation and analysis of results.
- Laterally, micro-influencers stand out the impact they have on the social community, the best ways to get closer to users, and practice active social listening.
- Besides, social networks are merging with new direct sales points as Instagram, and its shoppable posts gain prominence.
- The tremendous social impact and virality to present news, launch promotions, or brand identity.
- In the case of B2B, LinkedIn gains strength as a social community that enhances communication, closeness to the company brand.
4. Inbound Marketing: from the funnel to flywheel
- Marketing automation has established itself as the most efficient tool to execute digital marketing strategies in recent years.
- Its effectiveness evolves towards less invasive digital marketing strategies.
- There is no longer talk of the conversion funnel – funnel – but of a circular route – flywheel – made up of the same phases.
- The attraction, interaction, and delight, that put the user in a more central and relevant role.
- The flywheel gives more importance to user loyalty, improving the interaction between brands and customers to know what consumers need and want.
- However, this cyclical way of working on marketing strategies takes these aspects more into account:
The loss of consumer confidence in brands.
- Relevance of the opinions and in the purchase decision process.
Explore new ways to improve the repeat customer experience to enhance upselling and cross-selling.
- This trend in Digital Marketing for 2020 is considering by placing the customer at the center of the actions.
- In the new flywheel, brands emphasize customer service and training to equip their customer service team.
- However, it enables customers to promote and advocate for business.Also you can find more helpful resources at thebusinessguardians.
Also Read:What is DVD- RAM? – Definition, Types, Parts, and More