Atleast means that required outcome or the outcomes above that but at most means that required outcomes or less than that.
Basically, atleast always means minimum value needed and Atmost always means maximum value needed.
You use ‘atleast’ to say that a number or amount is the smallest that is possible or likely and that the actual number or amount may be greater.
The forms at the least and at the very least are also used.
You use atleast to say that something is the minimum that is true or possible. The forms at the least and at the very least are also used.
You use atleast to indicate an advantage that exists in spite of the disadvantage or bad situation that has just been mentioned.
You use atleast to indicate that you are correcting or changing something that you have just said.
- “At least” is mainly used with a count of something. This means that there are as many, or even more, than the number indicated
- There are at least two birds in this nest.
At least 3 out of 4 students succeed in their studies.
- “At least” can also be used in the event that an improvement in a situation is possible
- You could at least work a minimum.
You could at least take care of your sister.
- “At least” is generally a synonym for “finally”. In principle, he expresses a doubt or a restriction:
- He seems to be doing better, at least I hope so.
- I will be able to go on a trip, at least if I work more.
What is the difference between at least and atleast?
- As previously said that “Atleast” is completely incorrect, you must agree easily.
- Now the logical approach to the correct one, meaning thereby, “At least” is this way: say, you are asked to take AT LEAST 3 biscuits, the minimum amount you can take is 3 and the maximum amount is infinity.
- Though this would be unrelated to your question but there by I am introducing another word “At most” as a relative term to make you envisage explicitly.
- Suppose, you’re asked to take AT MOST 3 biscuits that means maximum amount you can take is 3 and minimum is 1 or 0.
Fact is that “at least” is right while atleast is incorrect
- Basically, at least consists of a conjunction ‘at’ that indicates bare minimum availability of something.
- And also, at least is correct – they are two words, and cannot be joined.
- However, atleast is just like a lot, they don’t have any existence in the language
- To my knowledge atleast is not a word, whereas at least is an expression used when stating how something is despite another thing.
- Eg. 1. at least the food was okay (despite the bad service, the rotting bedsheets, and the complete lack of alcohol at this hotel).
- At least you got me (despite everything else that is going to where the sun doesn’t shine).
- Do at least give me a hint (since you are not giving me the answer).
Synonyms of at least
- It’s too bad we ran out of mashed potatoes, but at least there’s still plenty of cranberry sauce.
- Synonyms for at least are 3 always, anyhow, anyway, leastways, [dialect], leastwise
- Phrases Synonymous with at least at all events, at any rate, in any case, in any event.
Usage of at least
- Not less than a particular amount or number, and possibly more Mr Ravi will remain the director for three years at least.
- The disease killed at least 120 people in England last year. We are expecting to at least double our money.
- At the very least (=not less than and probably much more than): The journey will take a year, at the very least.
- You should walk 30 minutes every day, at the least.
- At least no one can accuse me of hiding the truth. You might at least have waited for me.
- We have reached an agreement that at least gives the company a chance to survive.
- At the very least the player is guilty of violent behaviour.
- We should be working to prevent, or at the least mitigate, the next conflict.
- At least is used when mentioning an advantage that exists in spite of the problem or disadvantage that you have just mentioned
- A two per cent pay rise is not very much, but at least it’s better than nothing.
- You lost, but at least you can say you tried. The work is difficult, but at least the pay is good.
- It is used when you are saying something that changes or limits what you have just said
- The election will mean the end, or at least the beginning of the end, of the present system.
- No one saw anything, or at least they’re not talking about it if they did.
What is correct atleast or at least?
- The difference is that “at least” is right while atleast is incorrect. At least consists of a conjunction ‘at’ that indicates bare minimum availability of something.
- At least is correct – they are two words, and cannot be joined. Atleast is just like alot, they don’t have any existence in the language.
- MORE INFO:- technoologyen
Therapy Pools: What are They and How to Accessorize
What are Therapy Pools? They are swimming pools used for aquatic therapy. People who are disabled, athletic, or are recuperating…
How are Spinal Implants Tested?
How are Spinal Implants Tested? – Spinal implants are a relatively new development in the field of spine surgery. Each…
5 Reasons To Setup LED Strip Lights
Reasons To Setup LED Strip Lights – Lighting refits for offices, factories, and warehouses have shown to be beneficial to…
How to Arrange Funds When Emergency Strikes?
How to Arrange Funds When Emergency Strikes? – These days there is quite a bit of uncertainty in the world. …
Moving In Your New House? Here Are Some Things To Keep In Mind
Moving In Your New House? Here Are Some Things To Keep In Mind – Moving to a new house is…