Wikibuy is a comparison service that searches the internet for a better deal for you.
Besides, Wikibuy searches for coupons and offers that the original retailer may be offering online.
And it presents them to you upon request.
If you’re looking for a shopping assistant, WikiBbuy might have caught your eye.
For example, if you’re looking for a sofa on Amazon, the pop-up window will show you a better deal elsewhere.
Google Chrome browser plugin is a trendy tool that can save you money when shopping online.
- The developers of this shopping assistant have also thought of other useful functions.
- Wikibuy checkouts allow you to shop in various e-stores without logging into your accounts, filling out forms, and notifying retailers of your personal information.
- Besides, users get the ability to track orders, money-back guarantees, and loyalty rewards.
- All of these functions are ambiguous. However, with this basic functionality, you can trust the developers and try their free application.
- The service is free, and the developers generate revenue every time a customer selects the proposed item through the Wikibuy extension.
- Hence, you will not find that this extension is causing intrusive ads or redirects.
- However, users report that this extension is not as good as promised.
Things to Consider When Installing and Testing Wikibuy
- Like many other browser programs and plugins, Wikibuy also has advantages and disadvantages.
It is Not Worth Downloading the Wikibuy Extension
- If you are a user who is serious about privacy, you probably won’t consider installing it on your browser and trying it out.
- Otherwise, you can try this free extension.
- However, if you decide to use it, we want to remind you to be careful.
- First, make sure you are installing a safe and legitimate Wikibuy extension.
- Because of this, you need to install it from the official website, Chrome App Store, or iTunes.
The Main Disadvantages of Wikibuy
- The Wikibuy developers claim to have over 1 million satisfied customers.
- However, online reviews and comments show that not all users are pleased with this Chrome extension.
- Negative reviews include
- The plugin doesn’t indicate where you can get the same products at the lowest price.
- longer delivery time compared to buying directly in certain e-shops
- Monitors and shares data that could compromise user privacy.
According to Some Users
- The plugin developers are not authentic.
- This shopping assistant doesn’t offer the lowest price on the market.
- Some reports say doing your research will help save more money than relying on Wikibuy.
- The latter situation seems to be related to the developer’s participation in affiliate marketing programs.
- It means that they earn income when Wikibuy users purchase a specific “low price” product.
- This activity makes developers look unreliable.
- Another severe problem with Wikibuy is that it stores a large amount of personal and non-personal information.
- Information provided by the user;
- Cookies and information are collected automatically.
- Location information;
- Third-party web beacons and third-party buttons;
- Information from other sources;
- Payment information;
- Transaction data.
- Also, added details can share with affiliates.
- As a result, you might notice many ads based on your recent searches or products you bought.
- However, interest-based ads can be annoying, and in some complicated cases, e.g., B. redirects to infected or fake websites.
Things to be noted before downloading Wikibuy
- Please note that this extension is not compatible with Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or the Android operating system.
- Therefore, if you find offers to download such versions from Wikibuy, cyber criminals may attack you.
- Also, be careful about the ads you see online. Don’t be too quick to click on it.
- Offers that seem “too good to be true” are usually not real and are designed to get your click.
- If you choose not to show up on Wikibuy, make sure you are not on a phishing website.
- Finally, when shopping online, you should always do your research before entering your details and paying for the good.
- All free shopping assistants can have the same problem: your financial wealth may depend on the affiliates.
- As a result, they may not be very honest with you.
Advantages of Telemedicine
Telemedicine is the innovative use of electronic communication for the provision of medical information. This approach was introduced as early…
5 Effective Self-Defense Tips That Can Help Save Your Life
Introduction Effective Self-Defense Tips That Can Help Save Your Life – “Hand over everything you’ve got! Don’t make a move,…
Lunk Alarm – What is Planet Fitness Lunk Alert? It makes you nagging
What Is the Lunk Alarm? Lunk Alarm, a loud siren, is used by a national network of fitness centers to…
5 Big Data Certifications That Are Presently in High Demand
What is Big Data? Big Data Certifications That Are Presently in High Demand – Big data may be an assortment…
What You Need To Know When Buying Luxury Watches Online
What You Need To Know When Buying Luxury Watches Online – Because of the rise of technology and smartphones, people…
7 Important Things To Prepare Before Buying Luxury Watches
One of the best investments a person can do is through luxury watches. It is one of the most prized-possessions…